Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Bloggers Quilt Festival

Amy Ellis of  Amy's Creative Side is once again hosting the Bloggers Quilt Festival.  I have visited the festival in years past and been inspired by the wonderful quilts entered in the festival!   Check out all the excitement and meet new quilters, you won't be disappointed!

Hi and welcome if you are visiting from the Bloggers Quilt Festival!!  I'm not the best blogger OR quilt maker but I love what I do and enjoy meeting new people and learning new things!  

One of things I truly love is needle-turn applique and have been enjoying, more and more, the look of modern quilts.  This mini quilt is a pattern by Carolyn Friedlander from her class on Creative Bug.



                                 





I have a few larger needle-turn applique projects on the go, but this was a fun to do and somewhat of a quick finish.  I'm happy with the way it turned out.  I love the colors, even though I'm a lover of "blue",  the gray and gold, from her Botanics line is calming to me.  I hand quilted it with an Aurifil  12wt thread in charcoal and added one row of teal quilting  around the outside of the applique for just a little contrast and pop of interest.

So excited to share this with you and actually enter this into the the Mini Quilt Category of the Bloggers Quilt Festival!!


Have a Quilty kinda day!

Hugs

Kim

Linking up with Amy's Creative Side






12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! Such a wonderful event, thank you for hosting!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Kim. I have never done need turned applique so am so impressed with this project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comment! You will have to give needle-turn a go!! ;)

      Delete
  4. I really, really like this! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really, really like this! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely hand quilting. Good curves and points on your needle turn too, not always easy to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete