A Finish - Long time coming.














Oh my lanta,,,I can hardly even remember when I started this quilt.  But I finally finished it just last spring.  I do know it was only the second or third quilt I had started, I kept telling myself I couldn't take up quilting as I did a lot of custom sewing, (baby bonnets, bridal alterations, pants hemming!)  I was working at Hobby Lobby managing the fabric department and I would get fabrics that caught my eye, either for the color or the print.  I didn't have a favorite designer, or fabric line, or even much knowledge of how to buy fabric for quits.  Being a seamstress I bought fabric by the yards, 2-4 at a time so I had enough to make a top, a skirt or a dress.  I had all this pretty fabric and decided to use it to make this quilt called Just Peachy.  It is a Cotton Pickin Design's pattern I found in a Leisure Arts book.

Obviously that was before I even knew about blogging so there are no in progress pictures.  Once I had the top pieced it just hung around like  f o r e v e r,,,  then I discovered that I could actually quilt it on my domestic machine, YAY!!   I did  simple cross-hatch quilting to make sure I would get it done.   I was a pink and purple type of gal back then with floral thrown in for good measure haha!  But I like seeing the progression of my quilty journey, Hoping that in the middle of  a long cold winter this will brighten my day and remind me that Spring will come.


Have a Quilty kinda day!

Hugs
Kim

Comments

Popular Posts