THE JOURNEY BEGINS

The Farmer's Wife 1930s Sampler Quilt sew along has begun!!!  When Angie, over at Gnome Angel, blogged about this sew along way back in August 2015, I decided I definitely wanted to join in, follow along.  There is a group page on Facebook where Angie posts updates and information.  One of her posts on the fb group page she talked about not rushing or fussing, choose to make all the blocks or just some of the blocks,  "It's your quilt, your journey, your timetable".  

Although I bought the book before the start date, I decided not to read the stories, or even make trial blocks. I didn't want to rush things, even though I was excited to get started.  I did decide I would be hand sewing most of the blocks, paper piecing the trickier ones and using mostly fabrics from my stash.  

So this is My journey over the next year, of making my quilt, reading the stories from the book about each block, and sharing my blocks and my thoughts as I progress on this journey.  




Gnome Angel

Are you sewing along? 

{Hugs}

Kim


Comments

  1. I have not heard about the Farmer's Wife Sew Along until I stopped by your blog this evening. It sounds like a lot of fun. I checked out Angie's post and some of the squares that have been introduced so far; It is always interesting to see what themes different people choose for their squares and I am sure yours will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts