The Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt SAL - Week 1

After all the anticipation of waiting for this sew-a-long to begin it didn't disappoint!!  I have chosen to hand sew most of this quilt.  There will be a few blocks where I will use paper piecing but, I very much enjoy hand piecing  so slow stitching it will be.  My fabric choice is scrappy from my stash. 

We had three blocks this week and they were perfect to begin with.  First up was block #12 Becky.  




If you are not familiar with this book each block has a letter written by a farm woman of the great depression.  These are inspiring to read and reflect upon.  With this block I chose to reclaim my love of sewing and find the joy in life,  that I had lost this past year.  I think pink and green are one of my fave color combinations.

The second block was #16 Bonnie ....



Lovingkindness - quite simple really but seems to be lost in today's times.  With this block I choose to look at the good side of things/people, praise and compliments go a long way in making someone's day better.


And the third block was #8 Aunt....One day at a time - Live in the present, the past is gone and tomorrow never comes, find joy in today!









How are your blocks coming?

Till next time

Hugs

Kim








Comments

  1. Your block are beautiful, Kim. I, too , have a great love of the pink/green color combination. I had a favorite formal evening dress when I was sixteen and it was a pink and green with Empire waist. It's A-line skirt was pink chiffon and the bodice was overlaid with embroidered lace of pink roses and gorgeous sage green leaves. Your first block brought back sweet memories of that dress which I wore to the first formal dance I attended with the man I am still married to until this day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts